Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Prime Minister Michael Ignatieff puts his critics on ice"

I must admit that headline caught my attention at the Globe and Mail, a little wishful thinking perhaps by Taber. The story scored over 1000 comments, so clearly it caught other people's attention to. Seriously, a kid mistakenly calls Iggy Prime Minister, and this is headline news? The Liberals have been struggling to get people to show up at these events, and I feel comfortable predicting that is the first and last time anyone will call that man Prime Minister. Personally I'm curious to know who the child who called him Prime Minister belongs to, be it a staffer, party member, or just a random passer by. If one of the child's parents works for Iggy, the accidental PM slip loses some of its luster.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously though, in any case it makes his 'following' appear uneducated. Enough so that they don't even know who the current PM is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how accidental it was also. It's possible that the whole event was staged for political "theatre" purposes. I hate to be cynical, but with the Liberal's deceitful history....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, my six year old made the mistake of calling our MP that i serve on the EDA board with the prime minister. it happens. seems to me taber is grasping for anything that can put such an idea in people minds though. basically a non story that is rushed to the front page in hopes of sticking. good god , that woman needs a brain.

    brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taber is a dope, a "Liberal" dope. I think you nailed it Iceman... "wishful thinking".

    ReplyDelete