Sunday, January 9, 2011

Candian Cynic

While I am honoured to be frequently linked by Blogging Tory friend Canadian Cynic (it is a blue badge of courage), I am very disappointed that he doesn't send as much traffic as he used to. In 2009 if CC linked you, you got 40-70 clicks (advantageous for anyone with a monetized blog). Nowadays, you only get 5-10 clicks from his Twitter links. CC seems to have trouble maintaining his audience. I want him to link me, and I want him the send me his audience. Sadly it seems as though he just doesn't have the sway he did a year ago. I wish you good luck buddy. I hope that you can find the audience you once had and send me those page views. I even turned off comment moderation because a very valued reader asked me to. I enjoy what you do. You entertain me.

7 comments:

  1. His arguments are weak. They are personal attacks. He probably has trouble sleeping at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I engaged or posted my thoughts on his site but found his site too toxic.

    Many sites on Lib blogs are used for name calling, personal attacks without any use of moderation or civility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He shut down his blog in may, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to dishing out vicious vacuous vulgar vitriol, twitter just doesn't cut it. It's cramping CCs style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, he retired last May because of the defamation lawsuit he filed against Patrick Ross. You spent the time analyzing your sitemeter (or what ever you use) data to figure out there was a reduction in traffic from his blog, but you lacked the curiosity to visit to see what had changed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. CC became a pussycat once his real ID was published. Still foulmouthed and still practices personal attacks over persuasive argument, but much tamer now that people know where they can send the court order if need be. I, for one, don't miss the nonsensical criticism from the BT troll or his links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't get CC's twitter site.

    These one-sentence snark-bits contain no substance, no argument, no explanation, not much of anything except hatred for all things conservative. And feeding such hatred seems to be the only point of the site.

    It reminds me of a lawn covered with dog poo.

    ReplyDelete