Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bob Rae Complaining Abroad?

Today's poll question; should Bob Rae have travelled to the United Arab Emirates to complain about Canadian foreign policy? Winston Churchill used to say, "when I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home". Now understandably our Rae of plight is taking heat for his latest trip to that country. Even the CBC is calling this "the airline flap", though their subsequent article help attempt to defend what Bob Rae did. As Boob said "sitting down with another sovereign country and its institutions to hear their point of view is part of national leadership."

I guess Bobby thinks he is currently sitting in a leadership position? He isn't even leader of his own party, let alone leader of our country. Personally I don't think it helps our image abroad to have opposition members making global tours attacking Canadian foreign policy. That should be done at home. There is a reasonable probability that the latest Liberal declaration to defeat the government came under pressure from Team Rae, who may want to force an election that Iggy can't win in order to force Iggy out of his leadership position. We still don't know the deal between Bobby and Iggy that prompted Rae to concede Liberal leadership without a convention after the abrupt departure of Stephane Dion.

Personally Bob, I hope that you are never in a position of national leadership. I lived in Bob Rae's Ontario for its full duration. God help us all if you move into 24 Sussex.

3 comments:

  1. I want to know if the "Bob" travelled on his own "loonie" and which airline he used to make his pilgrimage to the UAE. What advantage is there for the Liberals to carry the water for UAE? Its a mystery to me. He is becoming our own beloved, rascally Uncle Bob aka George Galloway. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if MR. Rae got a free ticket on Emirates or Etihad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too lived in the Bob Rae Ontario, he almost bankrupted this Province. Now he is not only undermining the Government, but also the people of Canada. Who is paying for this unnecessary trip? I hope the taxpayers are not. I guarantee that the monies are not coming out of own pocket. Bob and Iggy it's time to retire.

    ReplyDelete