Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Iggy Pops!

When several pundits start comparing one of your speeches as a "Howard Dean moment", remember that is more of a faltering than flattering comparison. Howard Dean's own "Howard Dean moment" pretty much destroyed his future running for elected office because he looked so ridiculous that nobody would take him seriously again. Even Jane Taber called it a "Howard Dean moment", and I don't think she intended that as a compliment. It generally takes a screw up of epic proportions for Taber to write something negative about the Liberals. He looked like an idiot, and I would encourage him to put that same "passion" into future speeches, if not more. I still think he can dial it up a notch if Donolo tells him to.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking it was more like a Gomer Pile moment, or Don Knots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't understand why the "Howard Dean" moment was so bad. I prefer excitement over boring. I despise Ignatieff but that was the best speech I ever heard him give.

    I honestly just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it was bad, have a look ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viErHGISPTo&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete