Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ignatieff Don't Impress Me Much

Today's poll question; what should be Ignatieff's campaign theme song? My 3 favourites are Rasputin by Boney M, Lust For Life by Iggy Pop, and That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain. Okay, so you taught at Harvard; that don't impress me much. The first verse of the song is a great metaphor of Ignatieff. There were many great suggestions for campaign music, but I had to narrow it down to 10 choices.

"I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius, you drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a "know it all"


Ohwooh, you think you're special
Ohwooh, you think you're something else


Ok, so you're a rocket scientist...


That don't impress me much!
So you got the brains, but have you got the touch?
Now Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night
That don't impress me much!"



I strongly recommend Iggy Pop's Lust For Life if for no other reason the shocking resemblance between these two men. Both are worth a million in prizes and dance like hypnotizing chickens.



Loser by Beck is a great song. Historically I don't think it gets enough credit, especially how it describes Iggy's political future.

3 comments:

  1. The polka dot door song. With Iggy polkaroo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much a campaign song but a theme tape of how the coalition intends to govern.../snark

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYKH5S93hT0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm all out of love" Air Supply

    ReplyDelete