Thursday, February 3, 2011

Groundhog Day Or Coin Toss Day?

Today's poll question; do you put any stock in the prediction based on a groundhog seeing its shadow? I know Groundhog Day gives a couple small communities the opportunity to throw a party, but I am considering starting my own rival celebration called "Coin Toss Day". If the coin flips its tails, we get 6 more weeks of winter. I am willing to bet that my predictor is equally as accurate as the over-sized rodent. In my personal opinion Groundhog Day is completely useless, and the only good thing it has ever produced was a funny Bill Murray movie.

2 comments:

  1. Even at 50/50 odds (pure luck) I would trust a groundhogs' prediction over that of politicized weathermen and rodents from the IPCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I wouldn't believe the prognostications of the groundhog. I live in central Alberta and I'd be thankful if we only got six more weeks of winter. We'll be lucky if we don't get six more months.

    ReplyDelete