Lately I have had some fun making lists of my favourite television shows, so now I would like to make a list of my ten favourite movies of all-time. Number one on my list is Braveheart. I know Mel is crazy, but that has not diminished my love for his iconic role as William Wallace. There were many honourable mentions that did not make the list, and some that did are not exactly critically acclaimed.
10. We Were Soldiers: Every time it is on TV, I have to watch it.
9. Fellowship of the Ring: I would have gone with the entire trilogy, but wanted to pick my favourite of the 3, and the journey through Moria beat out the battle for Helm's Deep.
8. Starship Troopers: Cheesy, but it is the only movie poster on the wall of my apartment.
7. Young Guns: Emilio Estevez was brilliant. "I'll make you famous!"
6. Rocky 4: Contributed to the fall of the Soviet Union. It really summarized the final stages of the cold war beautifully in the form of an athletic competition.
5. Gladiator: Epic!
4. Slapshot: Best sports movie of all-time, followed by Bad News Bears.
3. The Hunt for Red October: Every time it is on TV, I have to watch it.
2. The Usual Suspects: The best ending ever in a movie.
1. Braveheart: Mel Gibson is nuts, but I love this movie. It made me more interested in my Scottish genealogy.