Thursday, June 24, 2010

Australia's New Climate Activist Prime Minister

I was a big fan of John Howard when he was the Prime Minister of Australia, and now that his replacement Rudd has been ousted by his own party (in part for the failure of their climate change bill); I am not feeling pleasant about the current state of Aussie politics. It is fascinating to see a governing party in a British parliamentary democracy oust a sitting Prime Minister from their own party in the middle of his first term. I am guessing that very rarely happens. What are the rules on caucus revolts in Canada as compared to Australia?

I have met at least a dozen Aussies in my life, and never have I met one that I didn't like. I watched the press conference with the new Prime Minister who wants to focus on reviving a failed Climate Change initiative, and I think that I have finally for the first time in my 30 years I have been introduced to an Aussie that I don't like. I am not a fan of Australia's new Prime Minister.

2 comments:

  1. She just doesen' get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The implosion of the Labor Party is at hand. Rudd unlike OBAMA was on a short leash.

    Why Australia's newly-installed first woman Prime Minister could face defeat at the polls within months
    http://conservativehome.blogs.com/international/2010/06/why-australias-newly-installed-first-woman-prime-minister-could-face-defeat-at-the-polls-within-mont.html

    ReplyDelete