Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Fox News Channel

If you listen to organizations like Mediamatters, or "pundits" like Jon Stewart or Mickey Moore, you would be convinced that the Fox News Channel is an evil Republican cabal hell bent on destroying the planet and subjugating poor people into slavery. I have been watching some Fox News this past week, and I am struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Even Sesame Street is taking shots at "Pox News"! When I'm at home, the network I watch is CBC Newsworld, and that is not because they are "fair and balanced". In fact, I could easily make the argument that Evan Soloman is more biased in favour of the Liberal Party of Canada than Bill O'Reilly is towards Republicans. The only reason that I watch the CBC is because I pay taxes, they receive tax dollars, and they provide Canadian content. One of my missions in life is to bust the myths of the LPC, and what better way to do that than watching the network trying to spoon feed Canada Liberal Propaganda.

Meanwhile, I know lots of people in Canada who will chastise the evils of Fox News who have never even watched it. All they see on TV are the carefully selected and cleverly edited short clips on the Daily Show. A show that has a large staff to pour over thousands of hours of footage to find a 3 second clip that Jonny Boy can respond to with a confused look and a dumb joke. It is appalling that so many young people actually watch the Stewart Show and treat it like real news. Personally, I don't think that lefties should be bragging about seducing the hoards of young people who watch the Daily Show into voting for Obama; people who think that those clips and bits factually represent the full content of the Fox News channel. If you actually take the time to sit down and watch Fox, you will see that it is not what the far left says it is. I would even go so far to say that the reason the left is so fiercely dedicated to attacking its integrity is that they do not like a media organization who will actually present an opinion and fact that opposes the radical left agenda. Fox News is a threat to the left wing monopoly on the news. What has to irritate them more than anything else is how Fox easily pulls in the biggest ratings of any cable news network. O'Reilly crushes Wolf Bullshitzer every night, and it is not even close!

"The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel."

-From "Taxi"

5 comments:

  1. If you really want to see people pissing on Fox News go to the Blogging Tories Forums. There are a few make believe conservatives there that hate FOX. I guess because it a little farther right than Joe Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, as I scrolled down I saw an ad for Sarah Palin's book - which is nice - thank you. I like Sarah Plin and I plan on buying her book.

    But really, I thought you HATED Palin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no say in who advertises on my site. That is all Google. They apply some advanced Google formula to my blog and crank out the ads. It is ironic though. I don't hate Palin, I just don't think she is qualified to be President.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google must figure that because I have written a number of posts about her, positive or negative, there is an opportunity to sell books on this site. They might be right. The publisher would be paying Google to find sites where people are discussing the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think any rational person would debate CBCs Liberal party bias. Substituting one bias for another is no excuse. Fox is equally as unreliable as CBC because they do the same thing: they selectively show you the parts they want you to see, and deliberately obscure, delete or distort anything that they don't like. That isn't journalism.

    ReplyDelete