Friday, November 20, 2009

Golan Heights, circa 2006

This evening with my Alberta beef I am drinking a delicious 2006 Galil Mountain Merlot produced at the Kibbutz Yiron in upper Galilee on the northern border of Israel. The 2006 grape from the northern border is particularly delicious and comes very highly recommended by the Iceman's palate. The soil that season was fertile and fresh, yielding what my sister nicknamed "Jesus Juice". I consider the Golan Heights to be part of Israel proper, and sometimes on special occasions I like to send a little money back to Israel in the form of a consumer purchase. It is foolish to demand Israel return the Golan Heights to Syria. In my opinion, Syria forfeited the right to land ownership by about the 5th time they invaded the Jewish State from the strategic highlands. It is a strategic military objective. Give them an inch and they'll take the 100km to Tel Aviv (distance listed is a guess based on a quick glance at my map).

I would also like to take a moment to give a shout out to my main man in the Middle East, Benjamin Netanyahu! I remember the day that Hamas won that election, I saw the results on TV and my jaw dropped. My first reaction was "Israel needs Benny". We need to keep those lunatics between a hammer and anvil. Hamas is holding the people of Gaza hostage, and should be brought in front of the UN Human Rights Commission on war crimes for using innocent civilians as human shields. May as well make Hezbollah co-defendants while you're at it. Hassan Nasrallah is very high on my "enemies of the world" shit list, and I don't agree with the CBC's Nallah Ayed that he is a hero of the people.

I give a toast to Israeli controlled upper Galilee! And Sid Ryan is a dipshit...

No comments:

Post a Comment