Monday, November 9, 2009

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Happy 40th birthday Sesame Street! We spent many hours together a long time ago in a province far, far away. My favourite character was the Count, and I grew up to become a Mathematician. Go figure. "Two, two peanut butter sandwiches! HA! HA! HA!" I also had a grudging respect for Oscar the Grouch, as I have been known to be grouchy myself from time to time. The cookie monster is also classic. "C" is for cookie, that's good enough for me. I remember one sketch where the Cookie monster breaks into a somber love ballad looking up at the moon, that giant cookie in the sky. He sings a melody about his dream of one day eating the moon, and it is absolutely priceless.

Dave Chappelle did not have as pleasant an experience with Sesame Street as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment