Sunday, January 3, 2010

Paul Martin, Enemy to Democracy

Paul Martin is on my TV talking about something with Evan Soloman. I am tempted to turn on the volume and listen to what he has to say, but when I look at his face, all I can see is the Sponsorship Program. I'm sorry Paul, but that is your legacy. Whatever life you have out of politics, you lost me when you cancelled opposition days to hide from Adscam. You are on my mute list. What you have to say no longer has any bearing on my life, and I am overjoyed that your life is not in politics. If the Liberals are correct that manipulating the levers of government to "avoid tough questions" is an accurate statement, then Paul Martin eroded the sanctity of our Democracy when he cancelled opposition days indefinately to avoid tough questions.

Like it or not Paul, you dealt a death blow to the Liberal Party of Canada. First in your overthrow of Chretien to divide the party, then in your inept handling of government where you continously manipulated Democracy for partisan gain. Harper declares a minority election a year early and the left is outraged, but Martin and Chretien do it with majorities to exploit a fledgling united right, and the lefties are pigs in slop.  Chretien called an election a year early because Stockwell Day was photographed on a jet ski!  How is that okay?  Hypocrisy, a word that Liberals pretend they are innoculated from and yet are guilty of on a daily basis. Paul Martin, I'm changing the channel. Mel Gibson's the Patriot is on the History Channel. The Mel is a shinning light of sanity next to you Paul.

Nice to see E-Solo also had Kim Campbell and Joe Clark, two beacons of Conservative electoral success to enlighten us with a state of the union address.

Once upon a time, I ran a webpoll asking for the best title for Paul Martin's next book...

WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST TITLE FOR PAUL MARTIN'S NEXT BOOK?

The Sponsorship Program; A Love Story (31%)
Destroying the Liberal Party Come Hell or High Water (21%)
A Bold Fresh Piece of Liberal Feces (20%)
Jack Layton; A Love Story (8%)
Deliberating With Idiots (8%)
Bombed (6%)

9 comments:

  1. I'm no fan of Paul Martin (couldn't stand for one thing all those photos with daycare kids in lieu of voters), but RicK Hillier has some kind words for him in Hillier's bio A Simple Soldier. Martin and Bill Graham did start the process of changing the focus of the armed forces and making them viable again. (Hillier also has kind words for Harper for going for the nitty-gritty detail work in building up the forces, versus the sweeping mandate - the book doesn't cover the period after Hillier's retirement of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to not Pay 200 million in taxes by Registering Your Ships in a Foreign Country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to sign Koyoto and Dump Tonnes of Rusting Iron Pellets Into the Great Lakes From Your Companies Ships

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much misinformation, so little time....


    Martin is the one that decided to have an investigation by Gomery into the Sponsorship scandal - something he could have avoided.

    Stockwell Day arrived at a news conference (called by him) riding a Jet Ski after he won the by-election in Okanagan-Coquihalla....


    I'm sure you'll be correction your errors, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The interview was an old one as Solomon was wearing a poppy on his lapel. Like you I kept the mute button down. I can't stand the face of the man let alone what he has to say. Watching him in the 06 election with his over the top rhetoric, his windmill arms flailing about and his face beat red. It was enough to make you turn off the TV. The man will go down in Canadian history as one of the most inept prime minister in the country's history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought he was talking about AIDS in Africa, but I didn't have him on for more than a couple of seconds. Channel-surfer that I am, I don't leave it on anything PBS pusher-like unless it's maybe Susan Hay doing the pitching. Anything resembling the status of a Spiro Agnew is even less appealing, and it's true, all I see with Martin is ADSCAM and fat-cat Steamship Lines. He was indeed a weak leader and hangman of his own party, pre-Igneutered. Mr. Iceman, you have some very likely bets for 2010, but your most certain is of course that the Leafs won't make the playoffs. If they do by 2012, then we know that THE END is indeed at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Cherniak? Your reputation precedes you! Allow me to say that it is an honour and a privilege to have you disagree with me and agitated by what I have written. You have stamped my work with a "red badge of courage" and I thank you. :)

    I expected to ruffle a few left wing feathers, but I had not expected to land a fish as fat as you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And on my "misinformation", it is a fact that Martin cancelled opposition days to avoid paying the piper over Adscam. Fact. Regardless of who called the press conference, Stockwell did come across as foolish and that was a reason Chretien called the early election. We simply disagree on the interpretation of the meaning of these facts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is falling, Canadians are desperate for the strong steady hand of a supreme chancellor, so I ask the question; what about Bob?

    ReplyDelete