Saturday, January 9, 2010

Young Megatron

I have completed some investigative journalism into Laura who allegedly intends to name her baby Megatron, which included visiting the Facebook Group page and doing a Google search. The Facebook page does not state whether or not the baby has been born or when the group was started, and I am struggling to confirm the birth of young Megatron. The site simply states:

Description: Laura is my boss, she's pregnant and she's due in june. Her husband and father in law are on board with this, and I want her to see just how many people support the idea of her naming her newborn baby, be it a boy or a girl, Megatron. So please, spread the word. Sam is fine, but it's no Megatron.

She'll deny it but I heard the words "If you get 100,000 people to join..." And I'm going to give it a go! So help a little kid get a totally cool name and join!

Either the golden child is set for this upcoming June, or it was last June and the baby is named Sam. If the latter is the case, the Group is soliciting membership under a false pretense.  I want to know if this child has been born, and if it was not named Megatron I demand that the Group either shut down, or at least shift to lobbying the parents to add Megatron to the child's middle names.

Ladies and gentlemen, the magic of Facebook Groups as a vessel for media advocacy....

No comments:

Post a Comment