Sunday, January 17, 2010

January Polling Volume I

Here is the release of my polling for the first half of January, which emphasizes the Facebook theme. For my History of Polling, click the link. As internet polls these are unscientific, but I do consider myself to be one of the unofficial pollsters for the Blogging Tories. I could not consider myself a "spin doctor" unless I take a diagnosis from my visitors. I ask the questions, you tell me how you feel.

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER NAME YOUR CHILD?

Hercules (32%)
Optimus Prime (29%)
Daedalus (28%)
Megatron (12%)

WHICH FACEBOOK GROUP OF AT LEAST 60,000 PEOPLE WOULD YOU RATHER JOIN?

When I'm super bored, I go on Facebook and join tons of pointless groups (51%)
I am Canadian and I live in an Igloo (20%)
Can you like, walk a little faster? (10%)
Name my kid Megatron (8%)

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF FACEBOOK?

Keep in touch with family and friends (88%)
Incite political activism (12%)

DO YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT?

No (52%)
Yes (48%)

DO YOU HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT?

No (82%)
Yes (18%)

WHICH ICEMAN NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION IS MOST LIKELY TO HAPPEN?

Move to Alberta (30%)
Protest PETA (22%)
Break 100 in a round of par 72 (13%)
Debunk Yes Men (12%)
Evan Soloman Fired (11%)
One million page views (10%)

SHOULD MARX-A-MILLION EXIST?

He serves a useful purpose (74%)
Silence dissent (26%)

WHO WOULD YOU VOTE FOR THE NEXT GOVERNOR GENERAL?

Lewis MacKenzie (23%)
Rick Hillier (17%)
Preston Manning (16%)
Michaelle Jean (14%)
Deb Grey (12%)
Mike Harris (9%)
Ralph Klein (5%)

IF THERE WAS A GUN TO YOUR HEAD, WHOM WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO BE PRIME MINISTER?

Just shoot me (85%)
Mike Ignatieff (6%)
Bob Rae (5%)

SHOULD WE PROROGUE PARLIAMENT UNTIL AFTER THE OLYMPICS?

Yes (82%)
No (18%)

WHICH ICEMAN PREDICTION FOR 2010 IS MOST LIKELY TO OCCUR?

Toronto Maple Leafs not a playoff team (36%)
Democrats perform poorly in midterm elections (27%)
Bin Laden remains at large (14%)
NO Canadian Election (7%)
Dalton's approval ratings plummet (7%)

WHAT MOST ERODES DEMOCRACY?

Cancel Opposition days to hide from Adscam (92%)
Pause Parliament for Olympics (8%)


WHAT WAS THE BIGGEST GODSEND OF THE DECADE TO CANADIAN CONSERVATIVES?

MacKay - Harper unite the right (80%)
Goodale "king makes" Dion (7%)
Chretien resigns (5%)


WHAT MOST QUALIFIES SARAH PALIN TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

Sexy MILF (67%)
Inviting Levi to sleep over (12%)
Did not abort down syndrome baby (8%)
Mayor of Wasilla (6%)
Quitting as Governor to write a book (5%)

CANADIAN SENATE?

Elect it (71%)
Abolish it (24%)
Hands off it (4%)

4 comments:

  1. You should include a "None of the above" in the question or in the case of which city for future olympics ther e should be a none or"never again" posibility.

    Rob C

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Rob, that is not an option. What you are seeing is a genuine groundswell of support for Whitehorse to host an Olympic Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once these grassroots internet movements start, they take on a life of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I fixed my feed problem, comments may have vanished.

    I hope no nutters do any real damage re our Olympics.

    ReplyDelete