Thursday, October 1, 2009

The sound it makes when Iggy pops...

As I turned the volume on for Question Period this morning, I heard a pop. It was that ego bubble which had formed around Mike Ignatieff like that pink slime from Ghostbusters II. You could tell as he was addressing the House of Commons that he was visibly shaken. He has lost his mojo in only a few short days. We aren't "hypnotizing chickens" here, and right now the Tories are "worth a million in prizes."

I know you are a "modern guy" Mike, but be weary of any internal advice you might receive from those set to benefit from your demise. Don't think for a minute that Bob Rae wouldn't love to replace you, or at least get the chance to run in a real leadership contest against you. Beware the ides of March Mike, beware the ides of March. The Liberals can quickly turn on their leaders mercilessly when the tides change. I hate to "piss in your snow" Mike, but Canada is not buying your snake oil. Try policy for a change. Ditch the hyperbole.

I am a Tory, and right now I have a LUST FOR LIFE!

P.S isn't it astonishing how much Iggy Pop looks like Mike?

4 comments:

  1. The funny thing is that a month ago a posting like this would have been met with several rebuttals from Liberal foot soldiers. I don't see many Liberals out pounding the message board to defend their leader today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Liberals are having their own "national unity crisis"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Iggy Pop photoshop was not my creation but I thought that it goes well with your article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Liberal foot soldiers are eerily quiet...

    ReplyDelete