Saturday, October 17, 2009

Canadian Tire

Allow me to give a quick plug for Canadian Tire. I do about 75% of my Christmas shopping at Canadian Tire. They offer a wide variety of products from a wide variety of countries at a wide variety of prices. They should be paying me to write this, but they are not. I would never buy anything at Wal-Mart that is sold at Canadian Tire. Also, Canadian Tire being a Canadian retailer, with a stronger Canadian dollar they can now import goods from other countries at a lower cost. Let's not all be afraid of a strong Canadian dollar. We can be "friends with benefits".

As we approach the holiday shopping season, I say go to Canadian Tire first, and anywhere else after that.

2 comments:

  1. With a personal "buy Canadian" philosophy like this, can we surmise that you do not take issue with Obama's "Buy America" policy?

    Personally, I buy at Canadian Tire as long as they are competitive ... customer service, price and quality. This is the only way to ensure that they remain competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oppose protectionism very much. Nowhere do I say that you should not buy goods made in another country. I want "made in America" goods on my shelf at Canadian Tire. I want the freedom to choose which good from which country at which price I will spend my dollars. If there is a quality Canadian made product at a competitive price I will choose that over an American made good. It is all about price to quality ratio. If the Canadian manufacturor cannot produce what I want at the price I can afford, they don't get my business.

    Free to choose.

    ReplyDelete