Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Red Wings defeat Vancouver

The mighty Red Wings defeated the Vancouver Canucks this evening in Van City. I watched part of the 3rd period on my coffee break, and it was entertaining hockey. The Wings always put on a good show. If Pavel Datsyuk is not the best stick handler in the NHL, he's in the top 3. My Wings are not off to the best start, but the team looks good. Back to back Finals put a lot of miles on the odometer. I am happy that Helm, Leino, Abdelkader, and Ericsson are all getting plenty of minutes. I was hoping Jimmy Howard would be a little better than this, and Osgood has just about spent his 9 lives.

The NHL is off to the weirdest start that I have ever seen. Colorado and LA are leading their divisions, and a whole lot of big names are on the injured reserve for a significant period of time. Now we just lost Kovalchuck, and Gaborik is held out of practice. All these injuries bother me. Can't we just re-enforce the skeletons of all NHL players with adamantium like Wolverine? Let's think about it.

Being a Red Wings Fan in Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment