Thursday, October 22, 2009

Which TV personality would you vote off the CBC Island?

If you won a contest and could vote for one CBC television personality to be booted out of the CBC, whom would you choose? I will be posting a poll on this in the next few days, but before I do, I would like to take nominations. Give me a name, and cite a specific piece of journalism they created to warrant dismissal. For example, if you don't like George Stromboolopolis, you can't just nominate him because you don't like him. You need to cite a piece or interview to justify it.

Here are my early nominees. I am going to choose the top 5 names for my web poll.

1) Evan Soloman: For his 911 Truther Tribute on the eve of the 5th anniversary of 911.

2) Nallah Ayed: For her Hassan Nasrallah, a hero of the people after the Lebanon-Israel war.

3) Heather Mallick: For just about everything she has ever written.

PS: Rosemary Barton has immunity from my web poll. I'm pretty sure that I have Bartons somewhere in my family tree, and I would not want to include her only to find out when they do my episode of "ancestors in the attic" that Rosemary is my cousin. Besides, she does have some endearing qualities. She can keep her job.

11 comments:

  1. If I actually watched CBC I might be able to nominate someone...
    Oh, hang on. What about the fruit-fly guy? For his Chicken Little act affecting impressionable minds (Liberals, little kids, etc.)

    Another Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a no brainer frankly. Heather for being a left wing bat at every possible opportunity presented to her. (real conservative)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Van Dusen drives me nuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "real conservative" who commented above is not a conservative. This came from a repeat visitor from Toronto, IP address, 99.235.99.247

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Susan Bonner belong on the list? Peter Mansbridge for his expressing outrage that the Prime Minister was encouraging investment in the Canadian Economy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Chantal Hebert count as a CBC employee?

    ReplyDelete
  7. George Stromboolopolis should receive immunity he actually has engaging interviews (despite his slant) I enjoy the format of the show. As for Chantal Hebert she needs to stay. Why may you ask, because she reminds me of the good old days when Saturday Night Live was actually funny. "It's Pat, girl or guy you decide. It's Pat!" So that leaves Peter Mansbridge, who NEVER actually gives the prefix Prime Minister when he says the name Stephan Harper. Hopefully one of his affairs will stab in the back before the vote is cast and I will be able to remove another loopy lefty from the shores of the CBC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I vote the cast & crew of Power Play onto the CBC island, for turning it into such a liberal partisan show?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neil Macdonald, with special mention of Peter Mansbridge for their piece on Sarah Palin where Macdonald tried to tell us that Bristol Palin was the real mother of Trig.
    She was 5 months pregnant at the time and Trig was 4 1/2 months old.
    Figure that one out.
    Mansbridge gets a nod for the story as well because he introduced it by saying that the McCain campaign
    hadn't done enough research before choosing Palin as a VP candidate.
    BTW Peter, how much research would it take to figure out that it's impossible to be 5 months pregnant and the mother of a 4 1/2 month old baby?

    network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2008/09/03/jonathan-kay-the-cbc-s-appalling-smear-on-sarah-palin.aspx


    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie Van Dusen, for her hair.

    Is she TRYING to scare us with that nest of snakes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. David Suzuki. Please, David Suzuki.

    ReplyDelete