Saturday, October 10, 2009

Theo

I would just like to take a moment to say that I have always been a fan of Theoren Fleury, no matter what team he played on. If he scored a goal against my Red Wings, I could not feel any animosity. I had a tremendous respect for him as a player, succeeding as a small man in a violent game. Whatever his playing weight, he played with the tenacity of a 220 pound Tasmanian devil. Then when Sheldon Kennedy courageously came out and exposed that monster Graham James, that marks the moment that Theoren Fleury began to lose control of his life. It had happened to him also, but he did not want that information to become public. The rest is history. The correlation between Kennedy exposing the monster and Theo melting down were obvious. Pundits did not condone the behavior, but they suspected why he was losing control and felt sympathy for him. It was an awkward time to have on opinion on the subject. It was like everyone in hockey believed it, but Theo denied it.

I wish you the best of success in life Theoren Fleury, and I am going to buy the book when it does hit the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment