Saturday, January 2, 2010

Liberal Senator Larry Campbell

I would like to encourage some of my fellow Blogging Tories to take an opportunity either this day, week, or month, to shine a light on your least favourite Liberal Senator, undemocratically appointed to the Senate. I would like to know more about the people who have been maximizing their power to hinder the will of the elected Parliament. The first name on my list is Larry Campbell, former Mayor of Vancouver. You may remember Larry from the 2004 federal election campaign. With about a week to go in the campaign the Conservatives were ahead in the polls. Mayor Campbell made the statement that "Hannibal is at the gates". Shortly thereafter, the Toronto Star ran a giant headline "BARBARIANS AT THE GATES!" with an unfavorable photo of Stephen Harper. The story was regarding Campbell's statements. Paul Martin came from behind in Ontario to win a slim minority.

A month after Mr. Campbell decided not to run for re-election as Mayor of Vancouver; Paul Martin announced his appointment to the Senate. A bountiful reward for a job well done. The same Puff the Magic Dragon who brought us the "Four Pillars" drug recovery program which had the brilliant idea that we can cure people from opium addiction by helping them get high as much as possible. I spent two years working graveyard shifts at GM Place, two blocks away from "Pigeon Park". I have witnessed first hand the effectiveness of this alleged rehabilitation program. I remember when I first moved here from Ontario and I learned that BC fights opium addiction by helping people shoot up. I was flabbergasted. Let's also end polygamy by enabling people to do it!

Larry Campbell, filibustering the elected chamber since 2006...

And for the record I approved of Stephen Harper appointing Senators, when the Senate was blocking the passage of Senate reform. I'm sure the Opposition will be a more willing dance partner in Senate reform when the Tories have a majority in the upper chamber. Let’s elect the Senate and give them more power, or abolish it altogether. Most Canadians would agree, and I'm sure the Liberals will see the light when they lose their plurality.

Also for the record, I support the decriminalization of marijuana.  As someone who works in law enforcement, I am comfortable saying that pot smokers are not a threat to society.  If you stare at them and keep walking, they go away peacefully without incident.  Drunks on the other hand are abrasive, destructive, and more likely to engage in civil disobedience.  And the people hooked on crack and heroine are certifiably crazy, and most certainly not people we should be enabling.

7 comments:

  1. I would have to say Tommy Banks (a burned out musician) is a pretty useless senator in a useless senate. Other than being an average musician no one new he even existed . He was not known for political activism ,community service,a purveyor of knowledge or information . But the lieberals needed a yes man which is all the senate is (or should be) unless it becomes Triple E.

    Rob C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, Canadians are idiots. They cannot be trusted to elect a chamber of Parliament. What we need are the brave appointees of Chretien and Martin to blockade the elected house.

    To me, Jean Chretien is the personification of Zeus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting people up cures heroine addiction? Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, you support the decriminalization of marijuana.
    Maybe I like you after all.

    My brother-in-law from Vancouver is visiting over the holidays. This is a well-educated guy who has travelled the world but he's so Politically-Correct that it actually lowers his intelligence.
    He's not just a Leftist. He's a self-righteous leftist and that's the worst kind.
    He doesn't mind telling you that he finds the mere argument against wearing full-body burqua's in Canada really offensive yet he thinks nothing of comparing Harper to Hitler.
    He believes the Georgia Straight is gospel.
    He thinks I'm putting the world in danger by being a global warming denier.
    This man, of whom I've always thought highly, is an ass.

    I guess someone has to live on the west coast with such asses and I'm glad that it's not me. My blood pressure is high enough already.
    Happy New Year Iceman.
    NeilD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry Campbell is simply a left wing blowhard. Safe injection sites give lefties like him a safe refuge. It is more important to be seen doing such things, than it is to have measureable results. The result like spending the public treasury is to deliver the feel good, as in "the gov´t is doing something therefore I can relax and sit back again", when in fact they just cut the cheque and refuse to monitor effectiveness of monies spent.

    The initial announcement is the bankable moment. Liberals perfected this social improvement nonesense and mostly Harper has ignored it.

    Ah yes after his Mayoral job was winding down we heard this boisterous statement from Larry Campbell. "I am not interested in politics at all, I have no interest in federal politics!"

    Four days later he happily accepted a Senate seat from Martin´s Liberals. Campbell epitamizes the worst of political patronage. He´s simply a ciphor looking for a gold plated pension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loud mouth Larry is a classic example of entitlement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No question about it: Joan Fraser. Her little vengeance burn stunt with Dave Chomiak and Alisan Redford and "contempt of Parliament".

    ReplyDelete