Friday, January 1, 2010

How much is the CBC paying to air Sicko?

I just saw an advertisement on the CBC for a future broadcast of Sicko, and the first question that popped into my brain was "how much is the CBC paying for the airing rights?" Are any of my tax dollars being deposited into Mike Moore's bank account? Obviously the Passionate Eye has no problem with the movie being a complete bomb with several false facts and misrepresented truths. All you needed to watch was the exchange with Sanjay Gupta on CNN to understand why the movie is not watchable.

I would strongly urge the CBC to air the exchange between Gupta and Moore before they air Sicko. It helps with context, and Sanjay Gupta is far from a right wing zealot. Can anyone tell me how much the CBC is paying to air this? With any luck, Moore has hit such a low that he'll air it for free, but somehow I doubt that.

Watch the interview. That should have been the end of Mike Moore. Sanjay Gupta was magnificent!

I had to delay posting my New Year's Resolutions to address the ad I just saw; Damned you CBC!

2 comments:

  1. I am also very tired of the repeat showings of An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore on the CBC this year and on Radio Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked to see a 5-part YouTube video posted by the 9/11-truthers which uses a CBC Documentory as proofit was a inside job .
    What got me real riled-up was how the CBC still won't call the Muslim terrorists "Muslim Terrorists" , and to add insult to that they didn't even focus on the 24 Canadians slaughtered by these homicidel maniacs murdering God's children for Allah's cause.
    Today's Toronto Star also re-worte History and mentioned that 9/11 was acted out by 19 Al-Qaeda linked men.
    How odd, because the Star kept claiming that the 19 Hijackers weren't True-Muslim and acted on their own Political agenda not linked to Islam.
    When 19 mass-murderers praise Allah and cite verses from the Quran as devoute Muslims, who am I too judge them as NOT real Muslims, I don't know enough about Islam to paint all the Jihadist Muslims with the same brush of Peaceful Muslims. Maybe the 400'000 muslims in Canada should talk to the 150'000'000 outside of Canada that endorse or take part in Jihad to murder civilians.
    Who are we to judge the Peaceful Muslims.

    ReplyDelete