Friday, October 22, 2010

The Media Reads Blogs, But Rarely Link Them

In my blogging career I have written nearly 2000 blog posts and sent thousands of exit links to our national media sites. In return, I have never received a single link from the Globe and Mail, National Post, CBC, CTV, or Toronto Star. But I have received e-mails from several journalists from these institutions anytime they think that I have taken one of their articles out of context. I wrote a post with the words "according to Susan Delacourt", and she e-mailed me a correction within hours. I get plenty of clicks every day from the CTV web server, and there have been a number of instances where someone in the national press has repeated a hypothesis of mine after I have written it. For the record I am not a journalist; I watch/read the news and write my own opinion of the events reported by real journalists. That’s why I have sent the Post and Globe over 10,000 hits in the past 2 years. When I write something after reading something written by someone else, I link their post. But this is a one way street.

The members of our media definitely follow the political blogs; they just don't want to send them any traffic. They use blogs to develop their own opinions, but they certainly don't want to risk bleeding more readers to people like us Blogging Tories.

4 comments:

  1. You are more real than most of those vultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the National Post link to one of my posts about Danny Williams, but other than that, I haven't even had any journalists email me. Maybe they know I'm always right! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious how staffers from all levels of government, civil service justify reading the blogs? If several of us get 10 min visits per day how much time is left for actual work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to the media browsing the blogs for instant news without doing a sec of their own; just want to let them know AGAIN that the Liberals stole from the nation and that millions of dollars is still missing. Why don't the media get of their turff ask the liberals tough questions on those issues.
    Ans in my opinion on them, is that the media are too dam afraid of the liberals and coalition parties.

    ReplyDelete