Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the worst International Political Event/Person of the Decade?

Of all the political events/persons that occurred outside North America in the past ten years, which has had the most damaging effect on global security?  For example; the election of Hamas, Bhutto assassination, Kim Jong Ill, Mushareff resigns, Iranian nuclear program, Hugo Chavez, Osama Bin Laden, and so on and so forth.  I decided to split my worst political event/person of the decade into North American/International.  Honestly it hardly seemed fair to put the McGuinty government in the same poll as the Iranian nuclear program.  I know sometimes it may feel that way, but they should be judged on a different scale.  I'm not looking to put natural disasters on the list.  Again, if you have any suggestions, just leave a comment on the bottom.  I am considering leaving Osama off the list as the winner, and have everyone else compete for 2nd place.

6 comments:

  1. However unpopular this suggestion may seem, it is given with the purest of intents.

    I don't believe that we can disregard the bogus intelligence of WMD in Iraq and the subsequent invasion, that left the LEGAL Afghanistan pursuit, sorely neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not trying to overlook it, and I would concede that it belongs in the poll; I just try to keep George Bush out of my polls because it only encourages the left loons who do more than enough Bush bashing to transcend the entire bloggosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michaelle Jean -- her actions, and the pro-coalition response to it, reminded us of that very important word at the core of "responsible government".

    (That word being "responsible".)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point Iceman. I forgot the garbage that you contend with behind the scene. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose that I could include "Ignatieff supporting Iraq invasion" as an option... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose that I could include "Ignatieff supporting Iraq invasion" as an option... :)

    or include that Jean Chretien did send troops into Iraq then to lie that he didn't, at the floor of the HOC and to the national media.

    ReplyDelete