Monday, December 21, 2009

Which CBC Employee would you Hire?

I crap on the CBC regularly, and yet I do choose to watch CBC Newsworld as my primary source of televised cable news (I get my print journalism from the National Post).  I watch it so that I may complain about it when warranted, and since my taxes help pay for it I feel like I have an invested interest.  My question today is, if you were starting your own cable news network and could hire one of these CBC journalist/talent, which would you choose?

I included Don Cherry on the list even though he has to be close to retirement and really can only do sports, but sports can be a part of a cable news network.  Personally I voted for Amanda Lang.  I am a big fan of Amanda Lang.  I don't know how well Mercer would fit into cable news, but I'm sure you could find a late night slot for him.  The options are listed in the order that I thought of them.

None of the above was not listed as an option.  If you don't want to hire any of them, then change the poll question to if you were REQUIRED to hire one of them.

Amanda Lang
Rex Murphy
Don Cherry
Rick Mercer
Peter Man-Bridge
Susan Bonner
Evan Soloman

3 comments:

  1. In all honesty, they're all crap and I don't think any one them is worth a nickel. If I absolutely had to pick I would find out their birthdays and pick the youngest one. Peter Mansbridge, the stodgy, boring, conceded, old fart who is a million miles past his "best before" date would be dead last on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murphy and Cherry are the only two with any of the old fashioned values,like integrity and honesty. Both have way too much integrity to suck up to the political elite like Jacques Bourbeau on Global the other night with Iggy.

    DMOrris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I would hire is now on CBC radio instead of television where she belongs. That's Kathleen Petty. She was a great interviewer, skeptical without being condescending or openly biased.

    ReplyDelete