Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is there anybody out there?

I was wonering if perhaps it is not too much to ask; could the honourable members of Parliament maybe go back to work? The adjournment of Parliament coincides with a significant decline in political Internet traffic. In the last two days I have experienced roughly a 70% decline in my hits from Ottawa. Calgary is now sustaining me through the lull. I would like to take a moment to say how much I love the city of Calgary! I am considering moving to Calgary after the Olympics. Seriously, I am fed up with Gordon Campbell. When you live under Gordon Campbell, Ed Stelmach starts to look very appealing as an alternative.

I recently ran a webpoll of where would you rather live?

Alberta (85%)
Campbell's BC (8%)
Dalton's Ontario (6%)


You can't deny that level of consensus.

Hopefully the politicians start tuning back in when they get home. I think any Blogging Tory would acknowledge that the political class are among our most frequent customers, from both sides of the aisle. I know Rosemary Barton signed off Power and Politics Friday by asking how the Liberals would be able to keep Torturegate at the front of the narrative over Christmas. The answer is the Liberal Bloggosphere. They are going to find every possible angle to spin this. Just check out this nut...

9 comments:

  1. Iceman, you are welcome at anytime to live in calgary, but remember this, you have to pay for 'alberta health care' , my family also is on Blue Cross. Check those out very carefully. What alberta health care card does not cover will be covered by BLUE CROSS.They are family package deal single person deal and so on.....

    Remember this, Albertans get their backs up when some one bashes the 'oil sands' like NDP Linda Duncan, she is done in the next election since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, Alberta Health Care" is now paid by the taxpayers. Linda is done, I agree. She only won because the Liberals/Greens/NDP joined forces last time to get her a win.

    Make no mistake, they will be doing the same thing across Canada to prevent a Conservative majority.

    Come on to Alberta Iceman, if you think individuals are more important than the "collective".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can the NDP go? The Carbon Tax from COP15 will dwarf the HST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be warned Calgary, I am a loud and proud Red Wings fan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iceman - I went over to Marx-a-million's page. And I laughed... until I cried. It was too funny! That would be something I'd post if I was being sarcastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Marx-A-Million is a representative sample of the Liblogs. I guarantee you that the author visits the Liblogs every day for inspiration...

    The dilema has always been, how do you show people how ridiculous the Liblogs are without actually sending them traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've lived in Sask., Manitoba, Alberta and B.C.

    B.C.'s coastline and climate have me hooked. In addition, my federal riding is Conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Hunter for the 'correction' on the AHC.
    Iceman, not to worry about being a red wing fan as long as you wear 'red'.

    Hunter, without the national twits in the media, the coalition party can't function alone.

    The "wings' of the national corrupt media are on the backs of the coalition corrupt party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Linda Duncan will be gone next election.I hope they have targetted her riding to boot her out.Edmonton local media gives her so much air time in fact they give give quite a bit of media time to anyone bashing the oilsands.Faith

    ReplyDelete