Monday, December 7, 2009

Follow The Iceman on Twitter

I have done something that I swore I'd never do, I signed up for Twitter. Despite what I have called Twitter's "war on complete sentences" I talked it over with friends and family; and if that is where the audience is, it makes no sense to boycott a medium that can increase your traffic. So here we are. If you would like to follow me on Twitter, just look-up "pragmatictory". I plan to use Twitter mostly for jokes and links, and my opinion pieces will stay on my blog.

I may not like what Twitter is doing to journalism, but if that is where the people are, that is where the pundits must go. It is what it is. Demand and supply. I would like to increase my audience, so it makes logical sense to expand beyond the Blogging Tories. I have experienced attacks recently from fellow Conservatives who accuse me of having ambition. What? Is the right wing now fundamentally against having career goals? I don't make very much money doing what I'm doing, but I am employed and paying taxes. Is it abhorrent of me to want to pursue a career in writing? I thought that the Marxists were the ones opposed to ambition, opposed to wanting a better life for you and your family? I should want to continue making $12 an hour, and putting an advertisement on my site signals that my opinion is corrupted? Why are right wingers attacking ambition? I want a better life, why is that wrong?

And thus, I am now available on twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Ironically, within a few days of reading and writing about the Liblogs, they began to block me from even viewing their sites. I expected censorship in comment moderation, but I did not expect to be blocked completely from even reading them! I never before clicked on a site and received a "host will not let you view" message before. I don't block cookies, because the IP addresses I log in under are not mine, but now my computer is blocked from reading Liblogs. I did not expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I suppose that I am nothing more than a radical far right winger who in no way represents right wing opinion, and my goal of being employed as a writer corrupts everything I write. Right?

    ReplyDelete