Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Trailer Park Boys

I would like to send some props to my peeps, the Trailer Park Boys.  I am a big fan of the show, I just finished watching the new release, and I loved it!  I do not condone breaking the law, but I appreciate this satire for what it is, satire.  They break the law, and they always end up in jail.  Break the law, go to jail, message sent.  People should not treat this as an alleged documentary into Canadian rural life, it is a satire!

The movie was fantastic, and the show is even better.  I was very sad the day that I learned they were ending the series.  There were so many different ways that they could have taken that premise artistically and they barely scratched the surface.  I doubt any of these actors or producers will go on to anything beyond the perfection that they have already achieved.  If the show goes back on the air, I will volunteer my writing services.  Can't the CBC pick this up?  God only knows how much crap is on the CBC.  Can't we just keep the Trailer Park Boys going?  I humbly request, from my modest perch of public opinion.

Surely there have to be a lot of Canadians out there who agree with me.  Sorry, I had to delay my best Christmas song poll to make room for a poll about my film review.

"His ego is writing cheques that his brain can't cash dawg"

- J-Roc, Trailer Park Boys

J-Roc's performance in the final credits had me dancing in my living room.  I grew up on Rap Trax, CB4, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, et all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment