Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I will be cheering against Norway

I will be closely following the 2010 Winter Olympics as a Vancouver resident and I will be cheering passionately for Canada to own the podium and win the total medal count.  That means that for the next few months, I am cheering passionately against Norway, one of our chief competitors in winter sports.  Sure, all the people that I have ever met who have ever been to Norway loved it, but right now, they are the bad guy.  If this is Mighty Ducks 2, Norway is now my Iceland.  We must defeat Norway!

I have liked every Scandanavian that I have ever met, but my Scottish genealogy has an imbedded skepticism of Vikings.  Something about living on the coast of the North Sea a few hundred years ago created an animosity to Vikings that is stuck in my DNA.  Sorry.  Go Canada, BOO Norway!

And on the matter of the Men's Hockey team, I would not have selected Bergeron or Seabrook.  I would have taken Vinny and Green.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Shawn Horcoff might have actually had a shot, just as a face-off guy.

    Then again, you have to be able to score goals too, and it seems like Score-coff left all his goals on the operating table a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete