Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pushing Smart Cars out of 3 Inches of Snow, or Female Ski Jumping?

Given where the evolution of automobile technology is heading, they should really consider making Smart Car Pushing an Olympic sport. Each winter, hundreds, nay thousands of unwitting people across the planet participate in this event anytime a few short inches of snow falls to the ground. Let me say that I believe any sport in the Olympics for one gender should allow competitors from both genders; ergo I believe women's ski jumping should be a part of the Olympic Games. I can recall being furious as a youth that I was not allowed to play Ringette. I know that male Ringette was my best ticket to an Olympic medal, and that it does not exist is like a black hole in my soul.

Having said that, the Supreme Court made the right call, specifically because the ski jumpers had no business suing VANOC. Truthfully the reason there is not female ski jumping in the Olympics is because not enough women want to fly through the sky with nothing between them and a safe landing but two skis. What we need to do is encourage more of our young daughters and nieces to leap from giant jumps, for hundreds of feet through the air and attempt to land on their feet. I endorse female ski jumping, and I encourage more women to take up the sport. It is the last holdout in achieving true gender equality in Winter Olympic sports. The more ladies that participate, the tougher it will be for those chauvinist pigs to deny tried and true gender equality.

To all you proud Smart Car owners out there, how many inches of snow does it take to fall in your driveway before your car is stuck? Was 3 inches too generous? You sure can't feel very smart when you have somewhere you need to be and you can't get your brainmobile out of the driveway. For the record, when Smart Car Pushing becomes a Winter Olympic sport, there should be BOTH male and female competitors. In fact, I will be sure to lobby to allow mixed doubles, as I am certain that there are thousands more women with experience pushing Smart Cars out of 3 inches of snow than there are women ski jumpers.

3 comments:

  1. Hee hee! I think true gender equality at the Olympics will only be reached when there is a male synchronised swimming competition. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the Iceman once have a dream of competing in male rhythmic gymnastics perhaps?

    =) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never into gymnastics, but my parents did enroll me in figure skating when I was about 4 years old. They pulled me out because I kept lying on the ice eating snow. Then they enrolled me in hockey and I became a goaltender. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete