Saturday, December 5, 2009

Blog Awards

Now that the nomination has closed, I am comfortable stating my opinion on these Canadian Blogging Awards. I had stated at the onset of the nomination process that I did not want to be included in these Reindeer Games. At least one other Blogging Tory was repeatedly plugging himself as the best Canadian blogger, and that bothered me. I don't like award shows, and while I won a number of awards in my youth, I used to dislike winning because I did not enjoy going up to accept the adulation. I don't need or seek recognition, while some people like Kanye West are desperate for it.

Besides, I don't know if I entirely trust this process. The dude who won it last year is a dipshit, and an Internet voting system is corruptible. I'm not sure what would be the best way to distinguish who is actually the best blogger. I voted for Stephen Taylor. He's one of the reasons that the Blogging Tories exist. I will not run in such a contest against him because I don't think anyone should vote for me over him. Though I would have voted for Mark Steyn had he been nominated. I do not consider myself to be in that class. I think there are a lot of names on that ballot that don't belong there.

The Iceman is doing just fine. I started counting my hits in September, and I consistently pull 800-2000 hits in a day depending on the strength of the news cycle and the catchiness of my post titles. My numbers of "returning visitors" and "no referring link" have been growing at a steady pace. My record for hits in one day stands at 6,000. The Blogging Tories is the only place where I publish my material, but I do get a steady number of "passed along" traffic. Small Dead Animals and Blue Like You send me the most visitors, so I am assuming that they must both be in the top 5 for total hits. Do the Blogging Tories track exit links? Who is in the top ten for the fall session of Parliament?

I prefer to focus on my material rather than my publicity. My dozens and dozens of fans like it that way. :)

6 comments:

  1. I heard about your blog on Charles Aldler.The Pride of being a Canadain.Faith Steewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason that I was not nominated was because my mom refused my demand to nominate me, and there must be a capitalist conspiracy to silence my moderate Liberal opinion.

    progressivemarxist.blogspot.com/2009/12/evan-soloman-show-me-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly enough, it only took me 5 days to get banned from my first Liblog. I now have Liberals who don't want me to read what they write. Curious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it something I said? I was visiting these sites to help me decide what was really important in the world, and now I am being denied access...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smell a conspiracy theory...drip, drip, drip...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember for sure, but I THINK I clicked on a link on smalldeadanimals, Kate McMillan's blog, and landed on Iceman. Hope I didn't crack your ribs or shin bones.

    I like to get my information from many sources, including news sites and blogs. I check the Drudge Report and Bourque most days, for their news highlights and links to other sites.

    Your insights and views are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete