Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blogs in Space

A day into my pledge drive to put a Tory Blogger into outer space, I am sad to report raising $0 in donations. I understand that seeking $200,000 for a ticket to space may have been a mountain too big to climb, but I had a dream. Insult Don Martin, 500 hits; blog about your dream of being in outer space, 30 hits. It is what it is. Supply itself does not create demand.

I thought that sending a Blogging Tory to outer space to write from orbit might have been interesting. I thought that there would be entertainment value in sending a Tory for an episode of "Blogs in Space". As a child, one of my favourite bits was "Pigs in Space" on the Muppet Show. Earlier than that was Astroboy and the Little Prince from Outer Space. Then the first time I watched an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation, I was hooked.

My parents brought their 3 year old son to the theatrical release of Return of the Jedi, and while I do not remember the event specifically, my parents account that I threw a fit when first introduced to Jabba the Hutt, but calmed down after he was choked out by the Princess.

3 comments:

  1. You see, asking for hand outs just isn't working. I guess you could try a bake sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bake sale, terrific idea! I was really hoping that my internet pledge drive would be able to raise the $200,000 required for a trip to outer space. Foolhardy? Perhaps, but we are nothing without our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iceman — how much would a one-way ticket cost?

    ReplyDelete