Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I support Jim Prentice

To be honest, I feel sorry for Jim Prentice. He is now knee deep in a swamp of bullshit, surrounded by some of the looniest toons on Planet Earth, and he has to take his job seriously. We have dogmatic intellectuals like Elizabeth May saying "any government who does not recognize 9 meter sea level rise as a threat to Canadian coastal cities is living in a dream world and not being realistic." Right, catastrophic, sudden, 9 meter rise in sea level is inevitable? Who is living in a dream world Lizzy?

And then we have the felony incident with the Yes Men that yesterday was being heralded by left wing media as a sophisticated and damaging prank. The prank did not work as intended, and was caught before the objective was accomplished. The Yes Men have been on my radar since they popped up on the Adam Carolla Show. First they were pushing the boundaries of the law past acceptable limits, but they claim that "fair use" and fear of humiliation protect them from prosecution. When impersonating Government, no use is fair use. The prank that was attempted on Jim Prentice was to trick him into defending false statements on TV, but Team Canada didn't take the bait and called foul at first sniff. The joke didn't work, but the media sure played it up as the greatest thing since sliced bread, despite the fact that a felony likely had just taken place.

I take offense to Jim Prentice being allegedly damaged by this misdeed. Minister Prentice is among the most moderate Conservatives in Cabinet. That he was the victim of this criminal offense only serves to upset me more than I was before. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mr. Prentice, and while I don't know how much he wanted this portfolio when it was assigned to him, I strongly believe that he has handled the role with distinction. To all you people who jumped on board to this Global Warming bandwagon before the science was fully exposed, this is what remorse feels like. As Winston Churchill used to say "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on!"

I support Jim Prentice.

6 comments:

  1. They don't print enough money to pay me to go through what he's taking on! Don't even want to imagine what it's like to wake up to his job every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth May is an intellectual?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I not use my sarcasm voice? I did not refer to her as a dogmatic intellectual as a compliment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard dizzy lizzie on Adler today with Roy Green pontificating on her 'talking points'....her rant made me think of her statement from 1978 when she said.

    That's a fine piece of propoganda and just shows that if you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will start to believe you..

    She sure has taken her own statement to heart.

    The sooner the Green party disowns her, the better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost wish the Honorable Minister of Retort still held the environment portfolio, just to hear what he'd say about this little nasty prank that was beyond anything little or classified as a prank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True. Prentice will make a fine PM if ever Harper decides to leave. A real class act.

    ReplyDelete