Friday, December 11, 2009

The Abstinence

I have launched my webpoll on the best episode of Seinfeld. After some careful deliberation, I decided that my favourite episode was the Abstinence, where George could not have sex for a few weeks and thus stopped thinking about it. The premise being that men use an abnormally large portion of their brains contemplating the courtship and mating process; and that if you free up that brain power, the sky is the limit. There is truth in that premise, though this would be an extreme example, where the assistant to the travelling secretary is teaching Derek Jeter how to hit a baseball. I wonder if you could test this hypothesis in clinical trials? If you can get a man to stop thinking about sex, how much smarter would he become?

I also love George Does the Opposite, Little Jerry Seinfeld, and the Contest.

1 comment:

  1. The sea was angry that day, my friends...
    This episode shows just how much a man can accomplish when he is hoping to impress a woman - things he never imagined.

    ReplyDelete