Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is the CBC doing damage control for the Liberals today?

I just turned on CBC Newsworld about 30 minutes ago to absorb some of today's news stories while I get ready for work and kick a little "Tae Bo". My initial reaction to the news of the day is that I have already seen a number of headlines that would appear to be attempting to create any sort of positive sentiment for the Liberal Party of Canada. "Liberals charge cover-up" or "Liberals urge unity" or "Liberals urge peace on earth" or "Liberals love Christmas". Okay, so the last couple I made up, but I have only been watching for 30 minutes and I still haven't seen "Liberals being thrashed in public opinion".

I'm just saying...

A public institution promoting a political party? Where is the outrage Hedy?

9 comments:

  1. Here we go, "Ignatieff's Woes". Don Martin! Tell me what I need to know Don.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course they make the headline about Ignatieff and not the Liberals. Don Martin is fantastic! They should give Martin the old Newman Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Liberal Defections?" Well now that is interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on - are you truly surprised? The CBC has as its core mandate to promote, protect and enlarge the Liberal party. They have been doing it for decades and won't stop now. The reason quality is so poor there is because they hire based on ideology, not talent. Canadians are beginning to understand that and are dismissing them as a source for news - their numbers, like those of the Liberal party are heading south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CBC still hitting for the commie team. It won't change ever I tell you. (real conservative)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh if ever we can get a Tory majority, and defund these dorks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What CBC biased?


    You gotta be kidding. They just ran a great story about Flaherty winning a 'Finance Minister of the Year Award' from EUROMONEY Magazine!

    Oh, wait a minute, Uhm, I think they missed that one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have noticed that one trick they enjoy using over at CBC Newsworld is how they will "break" a story with the Liberal response to it. If there is a story about say, flying pigs, the story won't always be "pigs are flying" it will be "Liberals hammer Tories over pig flight."

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my opinion, the CBC should not be allowed to report on any Canadian political news. Let the stodgy, job-for-life, self-serving rabble report sports, news, weather, medicine so on, but not a single peep on politics. This should be enshrined in its constitution: it is essential, and the ultimatum that it should be presented with (assuming an eventual CPC majority) before just pulling the subsidy plug.

    ReplyDelete