Sunday, October 4, 2009

The worst recession since Bob Rae

When this "Great Recession" was just a paltry six months old, the tide began to turn. Whoever over there at the CBC that coined the phrase "Great Recession" was way off base. This recession wasn't even as bad as the "Bob Rae Recession". Mostly because Rae had no idea how to run an economy and embarked on a series of terrible policy initiatives that magnified the effect of the world wide recession. What is even more comical is that in the middle of this latest recession he pleaded with Canadians to make him Prime Minister because of his "experience" with recessions. I was horrified. Bob, I personally experienced your "experience". Trust me, I want your hands as far away from the steering wheel as is humanly possible.

I was just browsing my archive and found something that I wrote on March 17, when I first noticed a "ray of light" in the Canadian economy.

http://pragmatictory.blogspot.com/2009/03/ray-of-light.html

2 comments:

  1. I will never forget Chairman Bob's reign, I had opened my business during his time in Queen's Park.
    His Affirmative Action goons stormed my business under government orders to impose their will upon my staff.
    I had to hire visible minorities both in the front and back of my business, the first were refugees from Somolia. I had no difficulty hiring them as my parents were refugees from communist Europe and WWII.
    My staff embraced them and helped in their transition from observant Muslims covered head to toe to Canadian lasses in three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My staff had them drop their traditional dress to that all purpose black miniskirt, smoking, drinking and visiting strip joints that led to her dating a dancer. Oh by the way she was smoking hot.
    The next employee were young offenders with one tattooed with a swastika between his brows, another Charlie Manson. My staff chased him out, they were outraged.
    The goons still were not through with me as they set up meetings with my staff at my expense to educate them on worker's rights. The meeting were scheduled at the start of my busiest time, locking the doors with my patrons looking in with great frustration.
    This all happened with the threat of legal actions against me if I did not cooperate.
    When brother Bob was defeated the goons came in with papers for me to sign to help protect their jobs, laughed and showed them the door.
    Got a serious hangover celebrating Iron Mike's win.

    ReplyDelete