Monday, October 5, 2009

George Stroumbolopolis

While I don't watch his program regularly, I will confess that I have enjoyed some of his interviews in the past. I can't say with absolute certainty which party he votes for, but I can predict with reasonable certainty that he is unlikely to vote Conservative. I have not watched his CBC program in some time, so nothing he has said recently has provoked this post. I do question his trustworthiness as a "media pundit". I only write this post because as I was browsing the quotes of the American Libertarian-Conservative pundit PJ O'Rourke tonight and I saw this quotation; I could not shake the image of George from my brain.

"The weirder you are going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person."

-PJ O'Rourke

4 comments:

  1. George Strombo is the epitome of the uninformed, blindly liberal masses of "youths". The same people who were obsessed over Obama and change and are now back to buying the latest designer clothing or ipod and wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Glenn Beck was the epitome of the uninformed.

    Stromboulopoulos, love him or hate him. He is someome who does his homework before interviewing someone on his show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dipper, you know what thought did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Skinny Dipper, you're right.

    Beck was certainly the epitome of the uninformed on Van Jones and Acorn.

    Er....

    ReplyDelete