Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dalton McGuinty is a Buffoon

Dalton, you are personally responsible for my highly educated mathematician brain emigrating out of Ontario to beautiful British Columbia. I still remember that winning election campaign of yours, when you made all those overly ambitious spending promises and then ran hundreds, nay thousands of television commercials where you looked into the camera and said "I will not raise your taxes." First budget, massive new taxation. That morning when I picked up that newspaper and read the content of your first budget, I booked my plane ticket to Vancouver. It seems like half the people I have met in BC are Ontario transplants, and a significant proportion of those people left under your tenure. Smart people. Talented people. Very affluent people who did not want to live in Dalton's Ontario. I was one of the first to leave, but a lot of people followed after me.

When you took office and introduced your massive new taxation, you blamed it on Mike Harris. "We didn't know that the government was not generating enough revenue" you said. What else was going on at the end of Tory rule? SARS. Do you remember what SARS did to murder commerce in Southern Ontario? I was living in Guelph when the SARS scare hit. Tourists stopped coming, people were afraid to be in public, meaning that the amount of money the government was collecting in tax revenue was significantly reduced. Mike Harris didn't introduce SARS, and yet you felt it prudent to blame your financial miscalculation on your predecessor when justifying all those new taxes that you introduced in your first budget.

And yet, you won re-election. Congrats on that. All it means is that I am not coming back to Ontario anytime soon. John Tory fell out of the gate with a thud and paved your way to victory. Ontario is suffering more than most Canadian provinces right now, and that is because of you Dalton. You are a buffoon. Mike Harris was putting my home province on the right track to global competitiveness, and went to war with the gluttonous public unions who are bleeding the public treasury to death. You made obscene promises to placate those unions, and now the largest province in the country is dying a slow and painful death. The Harper Government will bend over backwards to keep Ontario afloat, but it will not be until Dalton McGuinty loses his job that Ontario really begins to realize its true potential.

Scott Reid may poke fun at "Harris refugees", but the fact remains that a lot of people believed that he was doing what needed to be done despite the enormous toll that the battle took on his personal life. "Refugees" who believe that we need to deflate the public unions who are gorging themselves on Ontario's prosperity. "Refugees" who were sad when Harris resigned. "Refugees" who re-elected Iron Mike to a second term despite all that heavy fire he took from his battle with the teachers. "Refugees" who gave the Tories 12 more Ontario seats than they gave the Liberals in the 2008 federal election. "Refugees" who enjoy beer and popcorn Scott... (as an aside, why do the Liberals keep putting that guy on TV?)

And that’s all I have to say about that. As a commentator, I do experience a pushback from Conservatives when I promote my Libertarian values, but you people love it when I attack a common enemy.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Libertarians are your friends.

Dalton McGuinty is destroying Ontario.

4 comments:

  1. how can you afford to live in bc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thank God every day that we didn't lose your superior intellect to the Americans.
    NeilD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too moved out to beautiful BC for several reasons and one of them was to escape "McGuinty-ville" which is akin to "Potterville" in the Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life."

    While the government here is nothing to brag about, it is one heck of a lot better than living under the rule on the Ontario Liberals.

    As for the cost-small potatoes compared to the cost of ruining a once prosperous province - a place I called home to nothing better than a third world country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a clean conscience. I never voted for Dalton.

    Actually, I haven't voted anything but Tory since the Harris years. Before that I was just young and didn't know any better.

    ReplyDelete