Thursday, March 25, 2010

What does Iggy mean by "Internal Discipline"?

When Ignatieff says that his minions who were running against the whip on Tuesday will face "internal discipline", what kind of capital punishment do you expect him to wield? Will he bend them each over his knee and spank them? Will they be expelled from caucus? Unfortunately for McTeague, Szabo, and McKay, Ignatieff is on the record condoning torture, so be careful guys. They need to make an example of the dissenters. Given Iggy's romanticism with his Czarist ancestry, it should be noted that many of the Czars were infamous for the forceful and brutal means by which they silenced dissent.

Or perhaps the cruelest and most inhumane means of disciplinary retribution would be to force them all to attend the Thinkers Conference. Could you imagine being forced to actually sit through that malaise of overly ambitious but not pragmatically practical brainstorming? I would rather be waterboarded.

So what do you think Ignatieff intends to do to discipline his dissenting MPs?

9 comments:

  1. Buy them a latte and tell them not to do it again or else he will be forced to fire his OLO staff again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OT but as to your poll about Afghanistan you need one more option. NATO leaves Afghanistan, the Taliban/alkida regroup, NATO bombs the hell out of them, rinse, repeat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you suppose they have a chalkboard in their caucus room?

    I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...I WILL NOT DEFY MY CZAR...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignatieff expel three MPs from his caucus? Given the state of his caucus? A lot of Liberals need to pray Ignatieff isn't that stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no Liberal party discipline.
    Starting with the exception he made for his ABC group from Newfoundland and Labrador up until now.

    I read over at Macleans that after that vote they screwed up again and the Tories felt sorry for them.
    When your opponent feels sorry for you I think you can say that you are about done.

    And watching Soloman's disbelief that the vote failed was priceless.
    I wish I had 'taped' it so I could watch it over and over again.
    I loved it.
    It was much better than Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it means that Iggy will put the offending MP's on Double Secret Probation With a One Time Special Exemption.

    That'll teach em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Internal Discipline? Carried out by the man who wrote the definitive book on application of "firm techniques," and for Geo.W., no less.

    Zounds! Sounds to me like Count Torture has parted his curtain of eyebrow, peered into his crystal orb, and, in the near future of his un-herdable cats, see something akin to very large enema bags, lots of ice cold water and ice cubes, plus a car battery or two.

    Nothing serious.

    BTW: How'd this dork swing the Speaker into giving the Libranos a "re-do" mulligan deal?

    "D'Oh! We's none too bright, and some of us'ns figger dat we may have 'mis-voted.' Yeah. We're dumber than Bozos. Give us a second shot at this thing. Really. You think it's easy to vote?"

    Go Hah-vudd! Go Crimson!

    TangoJuliette

    t.e & o.e.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear Siberian gulags are lovely this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iggy: "Gentlemen, hold out your wrists."

    *SLAP*

    Iggy: "*PLEASE* don't do that again."

    *SLAP*

    Iggy: "You *KNOW* this makes us look bad."

    *SLAP*

    Iggy: "Keep hitting me like that, and I'll *REALLY* have to get tough."

    ReplyDelete