Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Duceppe in Question Period

I am currently watching Question Period on mute, and I have some observations. I enjoy muting Question Period, because otherwise it can be painful to watch. I like to read the body language of the speakers. Volume ruins Question Period for me.

1) Duceppe seemed to have his "swagger" today. His "outrage" was going seamlessly back and forth between the Tories and the Liberals, and he was on his game. I have no idea what he was talking about, and frankly I don't really care. I know what he is.

2) Ignatieff was doing that thing with his eyes, which others have pointed out represents some sort of "tell".

3) The Prime Minister is a "smooth operator"

4) Layton has not been the same since the Coalition collapsed, almost like he lost a part of his soul. He has been an empty vessel ever since. Today he had a little more "life" albeit fleeting. You can tell when he is at his best because his eyebrows move and his arm movements become more pronounced. They moved a few times today. I saw a few jabs directly at Ignatieff. Good to see Jack regaining his fighting spirit, but he is still far from his old energetic self. I have no idea what he was saying in the Commons, and frankly I don't really care. I know what he is.

5) Baird seems to be the only one who actually enjoys Question Period! Every party needs a pit-bull like Baird. He is like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, and I am very happy that he's on my team. I would almost guess that when the Commons gets really "hairy"; he sits back in his chair and thinks to himself "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

6) Every time I see Bryson on TV, he's pissed off. I feel like he's talking directly to Peter MacKay every time he vents his anger in the Commons. I think he blames MacKay for the fact that he was "snared" into the LPC. For the record, should I ever happen to be a delegate at a Tory leadership convention, MacKay has my vote (assuming Mike Harris is not a candidate).

1 comment:

  1. Watch QP on mute but with closed caption on, really interesting. The body language is interesting. But, what you missed today was Ignegative being very angry and loud. Same with Bison.

    ReplyDelete