Monday, July 19, 2010

Prince Charles

I am curious to know how you would feel to have Prince Charles as your Head of State? Regardless of your own feelings on the Monarchy, there really is nothing bad anyone can say about Elizabeth; but who is coming next, and how much power could that individual exert over our Governor General? I believe that most people turned against Charles after the Princess Di tragedy, while others have likely been turned by some of his environmentalist policies. Could King Charles force the Governor General to put a climate changeologist regime in power should a minority block vote down a throne speech immediately after a Federal Election?

I am someone who will take every opportunity to discredit the monarchy's role in our Parliament, not because I have a complaint against the current monarch, but rather because I am looking a few moves down the chess board at who might be coming next. Either way I don't believe the Crown should be our Head of State. I have not yet made up my mind on William. Today's poll question, would you accept King Charles as your Head of State?

7 comments:

  1. The Queen is part of our traditions and history. We can hope she lives to 100 so your objection for valid reason to her son becoming our H.O.S. may be mute.

    Cross your fingers, rub your beads, kiss the wall and hope our Queen breaks 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Iceman Q.E. has done a great job as Monarch. Charlie is a climate chicken little. He thinks Muslims are a great example to us all? Flaky, Flaky, Flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having Trudeau as Prime Minister for all those years, having King Charles would not bother me a bit. It would be impossible for him to do as much harm to this country as P.E.T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hell. I've made up my mind. King Harry! Long live the King!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will be 62 in November...the age when most people are looking forward to retiring...would he want to take on all the headaches of head of state, Iam not sure...I don't think that he is in line with the present UK government...he is a very green thinker, which is fine for your own backyard as such, but to introduce this line of thinking to the whole country might be a economic mess. I myself would not want him telling Canada how to conduct itself, that should be up to the citizens of Canada not a figurative head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that after the queen steps aside or passes on...we (Canada) should get rid of our attatchment to England.... that would mean getting rid of the GG. Rideau hall could be the prime ministers residence and the one that we are using now....24 Sussex could be torn down, the people in charge of repairs have procrastinated for so long that the costs would outweight its relevency. I could be wrong but didn't Ms. Clarkson do some renovations when she was GG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait for the time when I can say "My head of state believes in homeopathy."

    Come that dark day, I think I'll pay for everything using my debit card so I don't have to look at his face.

    ReplyDelete