Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jay Hill

I would like to thank the honourable Jay Hill for his nearly 20 years of service representing Canadians in Parliament. He was (and for now still is) an outstanding parliamentarian who will be sorely missed and not easily replaced. Rosemary Barton today was glowing when discussing her conspiracy theory that this retirement is a signal that the Tories are going to try and force a fall election. Slow news cycle Rosie? Her contribution to the national conversation today was Guergis suing Harper for defamation and Jay Hill's retirement signaling the Tory intention of collapsing their own government when Parliament resumes less than halfway into their mandate.

Thanks Rosie. Talk about anything but Ignatieff's blundering 3 hour tour to deflect attention; though I have long suspected that there is a high probability that Rosemary Barton votes NDP. It is a gut feeling which I cannot confirm. Most media don't tell you how they vote, even if it affects their reporting. I prefer disclosing my bias at the very top of my page before people scroll down to my opinion. I don't think that Jay Hill's retirement signals anything other than 20 years is a lifetime in politics and very few last that long in the madness of it all.

Have a great retirement Jay; I encourage you to stay involved. Maybe you can help Sun TV get off the ground? I'm just saying...

4 comments:

  1. I give you full credit for watching the CBC, I can't stomach the swill personally.

    The CBC view of Canada is not reflective of the reality for most Canadians.

    The majority of Canadians have not tuned into CBC for a very long time, FIFA world cup coverage was the only CBC product in top 30 (BBM ratings). If you are interested in less propaganda and real quality I would suggest PBS. You are out west so you probably don't get TV Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Iffy, trying to raise his profile with Canadians, and the media are not interested,
    except in that he has taken to wearing 'tight fit'n jeans' (eeeek)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many reasons, some of them immensely private, why an elected politician decides to call it a day but trust the likes Barton to "pass the word" just like an adolescent gossip girl.

    Btw,fyi your poll question re Helene did not register my vote accurately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bec don't worry, I'm sure it registered fine. Over the last month Blogger has changed slightly such that the full results of the poll are not displayed in the first day or two of a poll. I don't know why this is, but by the time the poll closes your vote will show up where you intended it to be.

    ReplyDelete