Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Icemom Rocks!

This holiday always seems to sneak up on me, and I always end up scrambling at the last minute to find some way to show my appreciation for having such an outstanding mother. I suppose that I could sit here and tell you why I have the best mom in the world, and why my mom is better than your mom, but alas I should try to pay tribute to all moms. The Icemom is easily in the top 5% of awesome moms in the world, and sometimes I wonder what I ever did to deserve such a wonderful gift. Your mom loves you no matter what you do, and seldom will you encounter that strong a bond in nature.

All of my 3 sisters are also mothers, so I need to wish all my sisters a happy mother's day as well. Really, I grew up with 4 moms, so in that sense I may have lived a more privileged life than most people. Too much mothering can be smothering, but the Icemom has the perfect blend of caring and letting me live my own life and make my own choices. So on this Sunday in May, allow me to say Happy Mothers Day, not only to the Icemom, but to all moms everywhere in the world. My greatest crime is that I don't phone home as often as she'd like, but I will blame that on my phonephobia.

Among the extraordinary things my mom has endured for her children includes listening to the song Jump about 300 times in a single family vacation to Myrtle Beach in 1992 to keep her children happy. Do you know another mother who would endure that kind of punishment just to please her kids? You may listen to the song, but be warned that in lesser mortals "Daddy Mac will make you jump jump" off a balcony...

Perhaps the best gift I can give to the world on Mother's Day, is don't make the same mistake that I did last night; don't rent The Bad Lieutenant with Nick Cage. I had to turn it off 30 minutes in it was that bad. When you see "the best movie Cage has made in years" on the front cover, that doesn't mean the movie is any good.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post.

    BTW my mom(sie) is the best, so there!

    sie for full effect.

    ReplyDelete