Monday, May 3, 2010

Detainee-gate: Can't We All Just Get Along?

Wow, apparently Ralph Goodale is being agreeable. I fully confess that I didn't see that one coming. Ralph was even speculating that we might have an agreement before the Speaker's deadline. For Ralph to be this happy and agreeable, the Government has to be cooperating. Is it possible that the Government did not take this stand to cover up their own wrong doing, but that perhaps maybe just maybe this was always about not releasing sensitive information which could assist the enemies we are currently fighting?

I will be interested to see what compromise is reached, and who will be sitting on this counsel. I know that I wouldn't trust Ujjal Dosangh with my pizza order, much less sensitive military documents. I don't care if he was once Premier because he was never elected Premier. When he ran as Premier, the NDP was reduced from majority to 2 seats. Not unlike Kim Campbell, but without her integrity.

8 comments:

  1. My intuition is tingling in the general direction that yours is as well. Far be it for me to be absolute so let me leave it at the notion that I sense if the govt looked really bad, Ralphie would be deliriously thrilled to be a cantakerous old coot.
    So I'm thinking, they look MUCH better than Ralpie's govt in this. Much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking...and call me crazy...do you think the documents might show that the Liberal party really blew it too in the handling of the detainees?
    Woulnd't want THAT to get out..would we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. '...I know that I wouldn't trust Ujjal Dosangh with my pizza order, much less sensitive military documents...'

    Absolutely priceless!
    That comment was the highlight of my day.

    Just for fun, what else wouldn't you trust him with? Cutting your grass, pumping your gas, wiping his...? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralphie may have seen the financial political returns and polls. Face a campaign go bankrupt, or choose door number two, retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it might have more to do with the prospect of what happens to anyone that breaches the security aspect of the documents being released to Parliament. The Speakers ruling had a poison pill in it for the opposition. Yes Parliament can see the documents, but if any of it is leaked the leaker can be charged under the law.
    Goodale is just acting in a way that reflects the deepest fears of the blu-lib faction, that there is a rabid left wing in the liberal party that cannot be trusted with this information and that they would not hesitate to pander to their base by leaking it.
    It would only take one leak, but the party that leak is connected to to will tar them all as co-conspirators...and that is what Ralphie fears most....Bob Rae, Ujal, Justin, and the rest of the LSD faction not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pumped gas while I was in University, and I will thank you not to knock that profession on my website Hinchey!

    I might trust Ujjal to drive around that ball retreival tractor on the driving range.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gimbol got it methinks. If something is leaked to the cbc, which shouldn't be, and you know there are liberals that are going to do it. The left don't understand national security, they would see leaked security information as sticking it to Harper. They see every dead Canadian soldier as a victory, and a vote from the terrorist supporters in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Iceman...

    I wasn't making fun of your past profession. I used to work at a gas station as well. I was 16.

    I just wouldn't trust him to pump my gas is all, among those other things I mentioned.

    ReplyDelete