Saturday, May 22, 2010

Keeping Up With the Pauls

While I identify myself as a Libertarian and there are some issues where I strongly agree with Ron Paul, some of his policy ideas are pretty crazy. I only found out who his son was a few days ago, but as I heard on the Laura Ingraham Show, Rand Paul has dropped some of his father's more controversial foreign policies. Either he doesn't believe in them, or he realizes that the more extreme message doesn't settle well in the center, like dismantling the CIA. Ingraham said that Rand Paul was doing too many interviews and being too candid, and then suddenly he goes on TV and makes very controversial statements.

I get most of my American political opinion from Laura Ingraham and Dennis Miller. I have yet to form a definitive opinion of Rand Paul, and even as a Libertarian I am as skeptical as I am excited. I love that Ron Paul is in the Senate, but God help us if he ever became President. I know that my father and I agree on a lot politically, so I have to wonder how far Randy has fallen from the apple tree. Does he agree with daddy's views on the military or 9/11?

"I see national health care as being like the DMV with open wounds"

-Dennis Miller

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever listened to Dennis Prager? Unfortunately, all the Salem/Townhall hosts force you to subscribe to paysites to listen to their podcasts, but there are plenty of older episodes still archived at townhall.com.

    I've heard Laura Ingraham here and there, but I don't listen regularly. I share your enjoyment of Dennis Miller.

    ReplyDelete