Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Liberal Lobbyists: "We're Jammin', I hope you like jammin too!"

I can see the Ignatieff quote now "if you jam me, I will jam you until I'm done!" That gets me to the issue du jour; I wonder how many former Liberal MPs are now registered lobbyists? How many present proposals to members of Parliament to seek funding? I know Iggy is big on saying "that's not my job" when setting government policy, but in minority Parliament the leader of the opposition carries significant political influence, inept though he may be. I would like to know which former Liberal MPs have been lobbying their former colleagues and whether or not they have properly registered as lobbyists. Was Thinkapalooza just a Lobbyfest where future policy planks were going out to the highest bidder?

I'd like some answers. We're jammin, and I hope you like jammin too!

5 comments:

  1. You want some answers?

    Look no further than the link below to, "Mr. Derek Lee, (Liberal - Scarborough-Rouge River) Member of Parliament, joined Sun & Partners as counsel to the firm in July 2007."

    http://www.sun-partners.com/en/derek-lee.aspx

    Take a screen shot before it disappears!

    Cheers, stephen p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, what's with that!!!!
    How many MPs have a second job,
    or is being an MP the second job?

    How many MPs are paid employees of another business?
    As if they are not paid enough on our dime to give their constituents full time attention.
    Let's see those MP wine and dine expense receipts and see just who our MPs are working for!

    And how is it MPs can be unregistered lobbyists?
    Or has Sun & Partners mischaractorized Lee's importance to them as their guy to lobby government....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will lead by example and disclose I love peanut butter and jelly. Grape jelly please.
    Phew, feel better already. I don't have a diary but my blog is archived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Chretien a lobbyist for Moe Strong in China?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the terrorist groups that hang around the opposition parties?
    The media is hush hush on this one.

    ReplyDelete