Saturday, May 29, 2010

CTV News Channel

In the past couple of days, the CTV News Channel has been added to my basic cable package. I am no longer forced to watch CBC Newsworld as my only Canadian 24 hour news option, and needless to say I'm very excited. Sure they might give Jane Taber more face time than she could possibly deserve and I have not had access to the channel long enough to have developed an opinion on most of their staff, but the CBC is so bad that this is really like any port in the storm. Taber is as Taber does, I just have reached my limit of Milewski, Manbridge, and Soloman. When you have a half wit child like Rosemary Barton breaking financial news and trying to explain economics, the risk of injury while diving for the mute button can't be ignored.

I'm sorry everyone, I know that have been acting as an unofficial monitor of the CBC for the Blogging Tories, watching it so you don't have to; but I can't take it anymore. I only ever watched that channel because I like 24 hour news and that was the only Canadian version that I had access to. I can't stomach CNN. They even have a 24 hour Joy Behar channel! The BBC is okay when there is an international crisis or a British election, but I do prefer to watch Canadian news because I blog about Canadian politics. I bid adieu to Terry Milewski, Julie Van Dussen, Margio Macdiaramdid, Kady O'Malley, Scott Reid, and so on and so forth. I am done with Newsworld, because now I have a choice. The freedom to choose what we watch is the greatest threat to the CBC, who maintain their right to present content that nobody cares about.

14 comments:

  1. I am surprised you held out this long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMO I don't think it will take long for you to see the similarities CTV has with CBC. They serve the purpose to "point out events" to me then I check for the truth on the internet. That is the only option we have.

    Rob C

    ReplyDelete
  3. CTV is in ways worse than CBC, at least with CBC you know they are a propaganda arm of the Liberals, with CTV they pretend to be neutral when they are not. You could merge the two stations and no one would notice the difference.

    At least you have more choice now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't gonna turn out well.

    Syncro

    ReplyDelete
  5. CTV is almost as bad as CBC..

    You will have a new respect for E-solo once you watch Tom Clark's Power Play..

    ReplyDelete
  6. buy Fox buy Fox ... you will never look back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are leftist propaganda broadcasters, but I'd have to say CBC is far worse. Those clowns are so blatantly pro Liberal or NDP that they're even investigating themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watch Fox News when I am in the United States, but they don't have a Fox News with Canadian content. I want Canadian politics in my TV news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom Clark, Robert Fife ... almost pee their pants in excitement when they think they have a little tid-bit to bash the PM with. There's no way Fife can hold back his glee, he almost giggles. Sickening.
    For what's *really* happening in politics I turn to CPAC & the net. I do miss Nick on CPAC though, was sad to see him go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breaking Canadian news story? Only then may I watch CBC. Gave up on the daily political shows on CBC and CTV long ago. Question Period or football? Tough call... but it's first and ten. Won't buy Macleans, The Toronto Star, The Globe. National Newswatch I gave up. Bourque too. I do check out Norm Spector's site daily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C-PAC.It can be boring but believe me,youll be yelling at the TV in no time.Hehe.When there is news,i go with CTV then compare it with CBC.When they arent jawing about the oil spill.Otherwise the internet is good,once the mind can sort out the BS from fact.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am having trouble watching the politics broadcasts. There are few Conservatives on these panels except Kory so we continue to get the leftist view point both on CBC and CTV. Watching Tom Clark rail about the cost of security makes me sick. I know they are starving for content but they need to try something different. Having the same old political talking heads on day after day is tiresome. When you watch the CTV panel with Fife, Oliver, Taber their interview sounds like they are in a bar discussing the latest poltical gossip. I watch Fox News most of the day and find it much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't watch either of them; CTV with Clark, Taber and clowns, Fife, the bureau chief to their underwears will make you vomit. Hold on to your chair when the sing together 'we hate harper.'
    I learnt alot about MAURICE STRONG from Glenn Beck an american, than I would from these clowns on ctv and cbc.
    My husband watchex Q/P with Taber and clowns, just to hear the stupidity which flows from their mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debunking CBC is pretty useful though since its essentially the beating heart of left-wing propaganda in this country.

    Besides, it helps people to understand why its such a blatant waste of cash. Especially since people should be watching cpac which goes directly to the source. Parliament.

    That and I have to hold CTV to higher standards since they're private and should know better than to spew the same crap as they still tend to do sometimes.

    I would always rather watch CPAC.

    It's too bad Global couldn't of been the fox news of the north (minus the sensationalisms and that frigging Shepperd Smith guy)... they at least showed more actual footage of our in action soldiers oversees than the rest of their Canadian counterparts.

    Maybe under new ownership that may change?
    Wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete