Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Year in the Life of Michael Ignatieff

I have been a Blogging Tory for just over one year. I decided for some holiday fun I would browse through my archives and collect some of my favourite statements about the honourable leader of the official opposition. It has been an interesting year, and I confess that it has been entertaining to chronicle the life of this modern day Rasputin.

March 10, 2009
"I’m not certain if Iggy has a speech writer or if he pens his own material, but one thing was abundantly clear, the author certainly pushed his Thesaurus of superlativeness to its outer limits."

read full post: Canadian Stimulus
April 18, 2009
"It is safe to assume that Michael Ignatieff is feeling pretty good about himself right now, as recent poll numbers put him within striking distance of a majority government should the trend line continue. This week’s Ekos Poll has the Liberals at 37%, the Conservatives at 30%, and the NDP at nearly 16% nationally."

"Where the enigma presents itself is that Iggy hasn’t done anything! Sure, he gives wonderfully scripted press conferences proudly parading his extensive vocabulary and he seems quite comfortable in this idealess complaining."

read full post: Ignatieff Poll Dancing
April 26, 2009
"Thus far Ignatieff refuses to release any policy. I want to know what he intends to do if elected when I make my decision; not read superlative rhetoric trying to convince me that he loves this country despite living anywhere but here for almost his entire adult life. I am getting the feeling that he loves 19th century Russia more than 21st century Canada."

read full post: True Patriot Abandonment
May 2, 2009
"What a devastating tragedy it would be if a mutant pig flu was spread through the ranks of the Liberal Party of Canada at the coronation of Michael Ignatieff..."

read full post: I hope they remembered to wash their hands
June 17, 2009
"If you have a better idea, tell us what it is! If the opposition can’t offer substantive ideas because that “is not my job”, then minority governments are pointless. So far the only policy position he will repeat is the NDP Marxist 45 day work year, which ironically he dropped as soon as Harper started referencing the 45 day work year."

read full post: Apathy Towards Ignatieff
Sept 1, 2009
"Having just watched the latest Michael Ignatieff presser to announce his withdrawal of support for the government, my advice to the government is to put a confidence motion in front of parliament as soon as possible. Somebody up at that Liberal camping trip had better start running the numbers on the electoral map. Their hand is not as strong as they are making it out to be, so either they are bluffing or they don’t realize that the number of potential permutations where the Tories win a majority are far greater than the Liberals winning a minority."

read full post: Call Their Bluff
Sept 26, 2009
"Why is it that every time I turn on the news, I seem to see Michael Ignatieff declaring every thing a national unity crisis? Notwithstanding the fact that someone who spent most of his adult life abroad becoming an expert on "national unity", I see this alarm sounding as inherently dangerous."

read full post: The little liberal who cried NATIONAL UNITY CRISIS!
Oct 29, 2009
"Iggy has a new Chief of Staff and Donolo is his name-o. D-O-N-O-L-O, D-O-N-O-L-O, D-O-N-O-L-O, and Donolo is his name-O! A former Field Marshal of Jean Chretien who stepped aside in 1999? Gee, I'd be awfully curious to know what he was doing in and around the time of the Sponsorship Program..."

read full post: The Donolo Secret
Nov 9, 2009
"Has anyone else noticed that Mike Ignatieff has done virtually no television in the run up to these byelections? Evidently Donolo recognizes that his alpha dog is toxic and the party stands the best chance at gaining votes if they quarantine Iggy Pop."

read full post: Iggy...where's Waldo?
Dec 19, 2009
"It would appear that Donolo has decried that Iggy can now be released back to television, and he is beginning to reappear on my TV screen after a prolonged Where's Waldo strategy."
read full post: Iggy speaks like hypnotizing chickens
Jan 12, 2009
"I have started a new webpoll on which tough question you would like to ask of Mike on his campus tour. My tough question would be "when, during your 30 years abroad, did you become an expert on Canadian Patriotism?""

read full post: Tough questions for Ignatieff

2 comments:

  1. WTF!!!

    You must have read my mind today. I was visitin yours and Blue Like You trying to review Iffy and the adventures of Liberal Party.

    Too funny!

    She nails him with "dreamer" post in April.

    I started blogging and did not have an achive to review the adventures of Iffy.

    I did a video awhile back about the dreamer and the repeated Liberal calls for a vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Ardvark archives for an inspiration for another video.

    The problem is Groundhog Day and Dreamer covers the party. There is no substance to attack or policy. It does not exist.

    ReplyDelete