Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wednesday Jaffer Testimony

It would appear that the big story Wednesday on Parliament Hill will be the testimony of Rahim Jaffer, who thus far has said very little about the whole controversy whirling around him. Granted, he likely hasn't been talking due to advice from legal counsel, which is a very prudent course of action during a RCMP investigation. I suspect that the CBC will have its entire team covering the testimony, with different spins from each journalist. Kady O'Malley doesn't count as a real journalist. She is just a glorified blogger who spends 80% of her time covering committee meetings that 95% of the country doesn't care about. Only at a tax payer subsidized network would devote so much attention to "breaking news" that people don't care to read.

Hopefully Rahim doesn't crash through the rotting floor boards, with the Auditor General saying today that Parliament requires billions of dollars in retrofits, or else it will begin to fall apart. I can't dispute that claim because I haven't been inside Parliament since my grade 8 class trip. I suppose it makes sense, as the building is old. Did we cancel that home reno tax credit? I sure hope not! If this needs to be done, then it needs to be done, but I wouldn't mind a 2nd opinion.

I can't speculate what Mr. Guergis might say tomorrow, because I honestly have no idea. I will be very interested to listen to what he has to say.

1 comment:

  1. I guess the media tented outside the parliament hill to get a ring sight seat with their empty note books and un-sharpened pencils, with new ipod batteries cell phone batteries put in, with lights, cameras and action to see Rahim brought in to testify before a committee.

    This committee are made up of the libs, ndp bloc and conservatives.

    Now let's see, the LPOC that plans to ask Rahim questions are the same party that took $40million dollars from canadians to lose it, they also took $56billion of E.I.funds to spend it which way they felt, Paul Martin took $161 of our money to pay for the CSL. and so on.

    Yet they and their media are all over Rahim?

    ReplyDelete