Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Apathy towards Ignatieff = Iggathy

When Ignatieff first became the Liberal leader, I wanted to know what he had to say. I was curious as to his policy positions, because as a moderate if he checks off more of the priorities on my checklist than the governing Conservatives whom I voted for, I would have to consider the Liberals as an option. I can't call myself a pragmatic Tory if I don't at least consider the other side when they try to move to the center. Dion tried to outflank Layton on the left, and look what happened. Ignatieff knows that the greatest quantity of votes are to be had in the center. Having said that, I want to know what he thinks the government should do before I even consider voting for him. I need policy, and the longer this charade goes on with these pointless press conferences with no substance whatsoever, I am starting to just tune Iggy out. Apathy that I will nickname “Iggathy”. I don't care anymore what he has to say, because it is just superlative elaborate rhetoric with no real policy position. If you have a better idea, tell us what it is! If the opposition can’t offer substantive ideas because that “is not my job”, then minority governments are pointless. So far the only policy position he will repeat is the NDP Marxist 45 day work year, which ironically he dropped as soon as Harper started referencing the 45 day work year. So we need to spend more, but we're spending too much? It is all fucking crazy, and where at first I wanted to hear what he had to say, I just don't care anymore.

And his latest appearance on the Newman Show was the most creeped out that I have ever been watching a politician on TV. I believe it was Don Martin at the National Post who recently wrote a piece about how often Ignatieff uses the words "I" or "me" too often when referring to the actions of the Liberal party. The ego-centricity of his "that's why I voted to support the budget" when as party leader it would be far more appropriate to discuss matters the Liberal Party did in unison as "we" or "the Liberal Party". It calls into question just how big this man's ego is, someone who has never governed anything but emphasizes his opinions as holier than thou.

"Ignorance is bliss when it is folly to be wise"

-Jim Lahey, Trailer Park Supervisor

2 comments:

  1. He and Barack Obama are pathetic excuses for leaders. They love the spotlight, but when it comes to standing up for something, they take a powder.

    For instance ask yourself if Ignatieff or Obama would die for their country - then look at PM Harper or John McCain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What policies of Harper's did you find attractive?

    I had to vote in advance polls and never got to see Harper's platform or policies before I had to vote last time, so I am not even sure what policies he had. Before his platform came out, he mainly talked of no recession-no deficit if you vote Conservative, but I never believed that part.

    ReplyDelete