Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ontario Election Final Week

We are now officially one week away from the Ontario election, and I really hope to see the good people of Ontario give Dalton McGuinty the boot. Eight years has been more than enough, despite David Suzuki's endorsement. You may or may not be aware of Suzuki's plug, with Dalton bragging about it at every opportunity (including television advertisements). It has practically become his entire campaign. Never in my life have I seen a politician make so many references in a single campaign to a single endorsement. Please elect me so we can make David Suzuki a wealthier man.

Look, many of us grew up watching the Nature of Things, but be aware that Suzuki is a wealthy man, a wealth built on selling "environmental awareness". He has a financial incentive to endorse politicians willing to sink large sums of money into the "green" rabbit hole. That's how Suzuki gets paid, that's how his friends get paid. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying what it is. Gullible politicians can be very lucrative to people in the business of lobbying.

Please, end the reign of Dalton McGuinty and give fiscal prudence a chance. I do not recommend the CBC Ontario Vote Compass, which puts the Green Party closest to the center (slightly to the right of the Liberals). The Tories on the other hand are way over on the right.

3 comments:

  1. I think Ontario would benefit from a change of government but when the alternative is a bumbling Tim Hudak and a party seemingly composed of pseudo Republicans then I guess the change will have to wait for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, next time possibly 4 years down the road will be too late. Places like Greece, or California were once in the position Ont. now is. Ontarians simply cannot afford more years of Dalton McGuinty and his disastrous green energy scams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hudak is not that bumbling and hardly "Republican". He is also no Mike Harris and is looking for a Conservative, but middle-of-the-road approach. Jobs, health care and education are priorities (so I am not sure where you get Republicans in that.) I think his solutions are more practical than McGuinty's and I think he is more honest. None of the current leaders are particularly compelling as leaders, but I think Hudak would do a competant job.

    ReplyDelete